JOIN OUR TEAM
Communications Officer (pdf)
Pramila Jayapal is seeking a passionate individual to inform and inspire action for justice among local and national audiences through media as a Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications Director to publicize the work of the Pramila for Congress campaign, grow our impact and reach on social media, ensure timeliness and accuracy, and mobilize constituents in progressive political organizing efforts.
The campaign is seeking candidates who believe in a strong progressive vision for our country, including economic opportunity for all, public education, social security, racial equity, the right to healthcare, environmental justice, immigrant rights and criminal justice reform.
Candidates must have an understanding Pramila’s vision:
"We need movement builders who understand that our role as elected officials is not only to pass good policy or stop bad policy, but to be the bridge between government and the people, to remind people that we represent them, and to help inspire hope, trust, and a new generation of activism.”
The Communications Officer will:
- Produce a steady stream of timely, relevant, and engaging social content reflecting Pramila Jayapal's voice, campaign, and actions in Congress, including frequent posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Quick turnaround to drive public engagement with major campaign efforts, e.g. phone-banking, canvassing, launch events, speeches, organizer trainings and more
- Shoot and edit web-optimized video
- Produce graphics for event promotion and digital engagement
- Write and copy-edit press releases, op-eds and speeches
- Assist with podcast booking and production
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent tools
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through
- Strong time-management and work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently
- Able to work long hours, including nights and weekends
- Commitment to social justice and building big-tent progressive movements for change
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The Communications Officer has a targeted start date of June 20 and runs through November 2018. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name and “Communications Officer” in the subject line.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.